20th August 2017

EU Citizens Will Not Need Visas To Visit UK After Brexit

EU Citizens Will Not Need Visas To Visit UK After Brexit

The British government plans to keep visa-free travel to the United Kingdom for EU visitors after Brexit. However, the government would impose restrictions on their employment.

Once the country leaves the EU in March 2019, EU citizens would have to apply for visa permission if they wanted to work, study or settle in the UK. Currently, EU citizens are free to live and work in the UK without a permit.

According to the Home Office draft plans, EU nationals will be able to move to the U.K. and look for jobs without any restrictions. But prospective employers will have to sponsor European Union applicants by applying for permits issued by the British government. The number of available permits will vary according to the sector, and the government may charge employers a fee to issue them.

The Home Office says managing migration is about access to work and benefits as much as the ability to control entry at a physical border.

The government is due to unveil its future immigration plan later this year. The plans will set out the government’s proposals for a new, long-term system. Different rules may apply during the transitional period that is likely to be executed after the Brexit negotiations.

On 16th August, the UK government said that there should be no hard border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland after Brexit, which would help to deal with the thorny issue of policing the border on the island.

The chairman of Migration Watch UK, Lord Green of Deddington said that the work permit system for EU workers would lead, in due course, to a massive decrease in net migration from the EU as low-paid workers are squeezed out.

For more updates and information on UK's Healthcare System, visit our Blog page.

iSpecialist is a renowned medical recruitment agency in the UK. We provide medical recruitment solutions and immigration support facility to our candidates who wants to practice medicine in the UK.

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.